Spices play a natural role in the way we cook and consume food around the world. Every species has its flavor and essence, and its addition can make a dish. In ancient times, India attracted traders from remote parts of the world in search of exotic species. Spices are known to have several benefits is the addition of a bouquet of spices that make traditional home-cooked foods is one of the healthiest meal eaten around the world.
- Amchoor : Amchoor powder is also known as mango powder. It contains many nutrients include Vitamin A, E, and C, and antioxidants and is used to preparing many Ayurveda medicines. It improves the immunity system of the body and also quite useful for your skin and hair. It is believed that amchoor also helps in managing blood pressure as well as diabetes.
- Improves vision
- Boosts metabolism
- Rai/ Mustard seed- Mustard seeds are rich in a nutrient called selenium for its high anti-inflammatory effects. The rich source of magnesium in mustard seeds helps lower the severity of asthma attacks and certain symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and lower blood pressure. It also has medicinal applications dating back to the time of Hippocrates (father of medicine).
- Prevent Cancer
- Promote Digestion
- Control Diabetes
- Til- Til or sesame seeds are an indispensable part of Indian winters. From til ke laddo to til ke gajak, and it is difficult to imagine winters in India without taking sesame seeds. Til/ Sesame seeds are of minerals and earned/get a special place in Ayurveda and other traditional medicinal forms.
Health benefit –
1. Healthy skin and hair.
2. Stronger Bones.
3. Good for your thyroid health.
- Laung/Clove- Laung is the immature unopened flower bud of a tropical tree. In the field of medicine, the clove is most famous for its use in making toothpaste. Cloves also make their presence in the form of soaps and some perfumes.
1. A few drops of clove oil applied to acne may help to treat it.
2. Improve oral health
3. Improve bone health
- Hing- Hing is making an indispensable part of Indian cuisine. Its definite flavor and odour can transform any boring dish. It has a prominent place in traditional medicine; anti-viral, anti-bacterial.
1. Helps Relieve Asthma
2. Lower Blood Pressure Level
3. Reduce Headache