There are some common ingredients in the Indian kitchens that cannot be replaced. Mustard oil is one such example. Although it does take some “habits” to familiarize yourself with ingredients like Mustard Oil you will soon learn its unique flavor and benefits. It is believed to have wonderful properties, so it is used as a medicine to treat colds, strengthen immunity, promote hair growth, and provide nutrition to the skin to, and so on.
In this blog, we will tell you why Mustard Oil is good for health and what its benefits for skin and hair. It is consumed by people of many countries such as India, Pakistan and Bangladesh for its amazing health properties and beautiful flavors. So, let’s guide you some of the unbeatable mustard oil for benefits.
Mustard Oil Incredible Use from Ancient to Present Time
You may have witness mustard oil use from years in your home. Whether it’s use in cooking or to heal any health problem, Mustard oil is the first choice for most of the Indian families. From our grannies to our mother, Mustard oil is their utmost preference for hair care, cough, wound healing and other. It is extracted from mustard seeds available in black, brown, and white. All the types are significant and come with a bevy of health benefits. So, let’s read about the why Mustard oil is good for health.
Mustard Oil – The Benefits
- Monounsaturated Fatty Acids High Values
Mustard oil is rich in MUFA, which is vital to our health. It is good for the heart, lightens the skin, helps hair growth, prevents premature graying of hair, etc.
- Good for Heart Health
Mustard oil in your regular diet may be good for your heart health. As a rich source of MUFA, it can reduce bad cholesterol in the body, thereby keeping blood lipid levels in check and controlling blood circulation.
- Cure Cracked Heels and Nails
Mustard oil can be applied to nails and heels. In terms of benefits, it is better than coconut oil or almond oil. It has the function of lubricating the nail bed and is easily absorbed by the heel to bring nutrition.
- A Great Remedy for Infection
Mustard oil has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. It is said that its internal and external use helps fight infections, including digestive tract infections, in a variety of ways.
Is Mustard Oil Good for Cooking ? – Get Expert View Point
For hundreds of years, food has been cooked in Mustard oil. Even now, mustard oil is still used in many kitchens as a frying and flavoring agent, and has antiseptic properties in preserves such as chutneys and pickles. To reduce irritation when cooking, many sources say that the mustard oil should be heated to the smoking point and then cooled to the desired temperature.
Health Benefits of Eating Mustard Oil
- Mustard oil not only enhances the taste and flavor of food, but it is highly effective for treating health problems related to skin, joints, muscles and heart. Let’s read about some important benefits of cooking food in mustard oil.
- It is a powerful natural stimulant and improves digestion and appetite by stimulating digestive juices and bile in the liver and spleen.
- Mustard oil also has anti-cancer properties and very suitable for daily diet use.
- It has many uses, you can use it in cooking, medicine or as an ingredient in daily beauty, you will not be disappointed.
- Mustard oil contains oleic acid and linoleic acid, which are essential fatty acids that can make it a good hair quality. It is said that hair massage with this oil can increase blood circulation and promote hair growth.
- Mustard oil has been used in conventional oils and medicines to treat rheumatism and arthritis.
- Traditionally, it has been used with salt to massage the gums to treat various gum diseases.
Other Important Mustard Bil Benefits
- Mustard oil good for skin
Mustard oil is rich in vitamin E, which is an essential nutrient for the skin. Therefore, it is said that when used on the skin, it can reduce fine lines and wrinkles and act as a sunscreen. Generally, in India, babies are often massaged with mustard oil.
- Mustard oil good for hair
Mustard oil contains β-carotene, which is very useful for hair growth when massaged into the scalp. It can activate blood circulation, and its antibacterial properties can prevent scalp infections and promote long, shiny, and thick hairs.
In the health guide above, we will have given complete and useful information about the Mustard oil. We have also given facts about its health benefits and why it is consumed by people for hundreds of year. It has diverse medical properties and used to cure many health problems. So, to know all about Mustard Oil, read the above guide.