Nowadays people are very much calculated in what they eat in their diet and whatnot. How much one meal is giving calories to their body? It is a great thing as good health is a future investment. Even people hire their nutrition for their fit and healthy body and mind. But that is expensive and can be confusing sometimes. It is why people go for healthy eating. Do you know how Brown Rice nutrients help to overcome obesity? Why many eat brown rice instead of white? What is the nutritious value of brown rice? How can cook a tasty brown rice recipe for weight loss? All this essential information is going to share in this guide. We will also let you know some highly proven brown rice recipes for weight loss, so keep reading till the end.
Why Eat Brown Rice for Weight Loss? – Find Out Nutritious Value
Brown rice has a low “Glycemic index” food that means how easily it gets into the body and the meal increases the sugar level. It is great for people concerned about calorie intake and sugar consumption. If we talk about the Low-GI foods, brown rice has an average of 55 GI which is quite less than white rice that has 64 GI, making the score a medium one. Researchers have pointed out a link between high GI and type 2 diabetes.
Brown Rice has the richness of several nutrition and also believes to have antioxidant properties. It also has many vitamin and mineral content. White Rice has nutrients but least in comparison to Brown Rice. If you are cooking and want to know its nutrient values, read that 100 g of Brown rice provides 1.8 grams of fiber. It also contains Brown rice also contains anti-nutritional Phytic acid. One of the best sources is arsenic content that is healthy for the human body.
Top 3 Brown Rice Recipes for Weight Loss and More Health Benefits
Lemon Brown Rice with Garlic & Thymeasthe Main Ingredient
- A chopped Shallot
- One and a half cup of brown rice
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tsp extra-virgin Olive oil
- 1tsp garlic chopped
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- In a large pot like a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the shallots, heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, salt, and pepper to a boil. Cover the pot and use low heat until the broth is absorbed and the rice becomes soft, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, close the lid, and let stand for 10 minutes. Use a fork to fluff.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil, garlic, thyme, and paprika over moderately low heat. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the garlic just starts to brown.
- Remove from heat and add lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the rice well and serve.
Best Brown Rice Recipe for Weight Loss Ever
- 75g brown rice
- Chopped fresh Thyme, celery, onion, parsley
- ½ Pomegranate seed
- 1 Small Lemon juice and zest
- 1 tsp Vegetable bouillon
- Boil the rice with thyme and celery for 20 minutes until tender.
- At the same time, boil the egg for 7 minutes, then cool it in cold water and carefully peel off the shell.
- Drain the rice and pour it into a bowl. Add the broth, lemon zest, juice, and red onion, then stir well and sprinkle on the coriander and pomegranate.
- Place the spoon on a plate or lunch box, then halve or quarter the eggs and place them on top.
Get A Brown Rice Soupfor Healthy Diet
- One tsp of Cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- Rough Chopped Onion, Garlic Cloves, Celery Sticks, Carrots, and Parsnips
- 1 tsp of finely chopped Thyme leaves
- 100 g whole grain rice
- 2 leeks sliced
- ½ parsley to garnish
The Whole Cooking Process
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan, then add onions, garlic, celery, carrots, parsnips, and thyme.
- Cover and cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and start to change color.
- Add rice and pour it into 1.2 liters of cold water. Bring to a boil, then bring to a boil on low heat, simmer for 15 minutes without covering, stirring occasionally.
- Season with plenty of black pepper and salt, then stir in the chives. Return to low heat and cook for another 5 minutes or until the leeks are soft.
- Adjust the seasonings, season half of the soup with a stick blender, and brew, if necessary, cut the other half into chunks. Top with parsley and put it in a deep bowl.
How You Can Ready Brown Rice in The Best Possible Way?
It all starts with the boiling of the brown rice in the water for 30 mins. Drain the excess water, put the rice back into the pot, cover the pot, and let the rice cook for 10 minutes. Give! Always perfect brown rice. I am very grateful to Saveur for discovering this technology for the first time. This recipe requires lots of water that is 12 cups for one cooking and sometimes you need it can be done in 6 cups.
However, as long as you use a large enough pot, you don’t need to measure the amount of water. Sometimes you may boil it then the required time so in that case, just put some more water boil it. Your Brown rice will get cooked perfectly and ready to serve. It has no such flavor and just a plain taste. Now, let’s move on to the perfect brown rice recipes for weight loss.
The Closing Words
Now you know a quick Brown rice recipe for weight loss and other multiple benefits. All the cooking process mentioned in the guide are 15-20 min. So, cook it for you and your family and enjoy a healthy life.