Indian food is full of variety and taste. There are many food items that we all enjoy whenever cooked. One of them is the dishes cooked by Besan. It is an important food item found in every Indian kitchen. Some of the common dishes of Besan are all-time favorites Pakoda, curry, Chilla, Gatte ki Sabji, Dhokla, and whatnot. But, these are some of the dishes whose recipes we all know. Do you want to try something exciting and unique with Besan? Are you looking for an easy homemade Besan recipe for the coming weekend? If so, you will find this food and health guide useful. It teaches you some of the best Besan recipes that you must try. It will hardly take 20-30 mins. So, let’s go.
The Popularity And Use Of Besan From Ancient To Present Time
Whether it is quick stirring for those crispy fried Pakoda, making a rich curry, or frying the wholesome chili, there are many ways to use it. Besan or gram flour that is also called chickpea flour is produced from chickpeas or Bengal gram. You can easily get it on grocery shop and daily market. In the north, it is used much to cook crispy and yummy Pakoda of almost all vegetables. Rajasthan people use it to make gata curry, which is gram flour dumplings cooked with yogurt-based gravy; Gujarat is good at making khandvi, Besan kadhi, etc. Maharashtra is famous for batata vada. Besan is a well-known ingredient used in Indian sweets; some of the good examples are Ladoo, Barfi, Halwa, etc. It is not limited to one taste; it can use to cook dishes of all flavors such as tangy, sweet, salty, spicy, and many more.
So, get ready to explore some of the interesting yet simple Besan recipes that get prepared in hardly 20-30 mins. So, here we are:-
A. The Super Healthy Besan Koki (Sindhi Recipe)
It is a nutritious and fiber-rich dish that can be an excellent breakfast choice. The preparation time is less and the taste is delicious.
- 2 cup gram flour (besan)
- 2 tablespoon flour and chopped coriander leaves
- 1 small chopped onion
- Oil, Ghee, and salt as required
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chili
Make Yummy Besan Recipe For Breakfast In 10-15 Mins
- First, chop the onion, green chilies, and coriander leaves.
- Then, take a bowl and add gram flour, four tablespoons of oil, onions, green peppers, coriander leaves, and salt.
- Now, mix well. Gradually add water and bend your knees to obtain a firm dough.
- Next, divide the dough into four parts to make a mixture ball. Then, roll each ball to make it flat.
- After that, put tawa on medium fire. Once it is hot enough, place the koki on it. Spread the Ghee thoroughly from both sides.
- After being crispy and golden, your Besan Koki is ready. Eat with Sauce!
B. Besan Recipe For Snack – Besan Masala Rolls
It is an easy homemade Besan recipe that is also a very delicious and tempting Indian snack recipe from Maharashtrian cuisine. The dish takes less time to cook.
For Masala Filling
50 gm finely chopped onions and grated dry coconut
2 tbsp sesame seeds.
1 tsp garlic chili paste and red chili powder
¼ tsp Garam masala and turmeric powder
1 tbsp dry raisins, cashew nuts, and finely chopped coriander leaves
Salt as per taste
½ tsp Sugar (Optional)
1 tbsp Oil
For Rolls Batter
1 cup Gram Flour
1 tbsp garlic chili paste and finely chopped coriander leaves
1/8 tsp Asafoetida, Turmeric Powder
½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
Prepare Quick And Awesome Besan Masala Rolls For Evening Tea
- First, to make masala, add onions in a hot oil and cook until light golden brown.
- Now add the garlic chili sauce, stir-fry for a while, then add sesame seeds and stir-fry for a while, until the statistics spread.
- Then mix the grated fried coconut and onion, cook for a while, now lower the flame.
- Next, add turmeric powder, salt, sugar, Garam masala, red pepper powder, cashew nuts, and dried raisins.
- Now mix all the spices well, then turn off the heat, put some chopped coriander leaves, put the masala sauce in a bowl, and set aside to cool.
- Next, make Besan rolls batter. Take a bowl and add gram flour, fine powder, salt, coriander leaves, garlic chili paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and water as needed.
- Now, mix everything well and use it to make a thin batter. The consistency of the batter should be as if it can use to make a cream.
- Now heat the non-stick tawa, then put some batter on it and spread out like Dosa.
- After that, put some oil on the rim, cook it on both sides, and put it on the plate, making all the Besan cheela similarly.
- Now when assembling, first take a Besan cheela, then put 1 to 1½ tablespoons of masala or filling on top, spread out evenly and cut into rolls, cut into 1-2 inch rolls, and also prepare all Besan masala rolls.
- Now, put all the Besan masala rolls on the dinner plate and decorate with some fresh coriander leaves, ready to eat.