Today, the world we will live in is full of pollution and disease. The effect can be seen in our health. We are always exposed to colds, allergies, headaches and all that. As a result, some of the little health problems become a big concern. So what people are doing is switching to foods that are healthy and provide maximum health benefits. One of the common foods consumed for most of the use is Chia seed. It is not only consumed by dieters or health conscious people, but also by the common public for various reasons. In this health guide, we will tell you about some of the amazing health benefits of Chia seeds with an exact explanation. After reading this informative blog, you are very familiar with the Chia seed uses and its benefits.
Chia Seed Uses From History to the Present
Chia seeds are extremely small, but rich in nutrients and minerals. Also known as Spanish Salvia, it is native to Mexico and belongs to the mint family. It is believed that they were consumed by some ancient civilizations such as the Mayans and Aztecs. Chia seeds are mainly grown for cooking oil but gradually entered the culinary world due to their health-friendly properties.
Know-How to Use Chia Seeds for Your Diet & Get Nutrition
There are many ways one can use Chia Seeds. Here, we are listing some of the healthy and simple plans for Chia Seed uses:
- One can make Chia seeds uses as whole or can prepare a smoothies and juices. It can also eat with yogurt and oatmeal, or with salads.
- The health benefit of Chia seeds can also get as a drink or porridge. When cooked with water it expands slightly but the crunchiness doesn’t disappear at all.
- You can easily make Chia Seed Pudding (a popular way to eat seeds) by mixing a quarter of the seeds into a glass of liquid.
- Chia seeds have gelatinized and the mixture can be used for “pudding” is ready for consumption.
- Although Chia Pudding can be kept in the refrigerator for a few days, it may only take 15 minutes.
- One of the main Chia benefits seed is that doesn’t have much flavors which means you can prepare it as you want. Add spices, fruits, nuts and any other topping you love to eat.
Some of the Healthy Benefits of Chia Seeds You Can’t Ignore
1. Aid digestion
Chia seeds are rich in fiber. It is an excellent agent for digestion and helps to stay away from intestinal related diseases (such as constipation).
2. Chia Seed Fiber has the greatest benefits
It also helps relieve intestinal inflammation, irritability, and helps regulate cholesterol levels.
3. Lose weight
When mixed with nuts and dried fruits or added to smoothies or milkshakes, Chia Seed can help you stay full longer. These can absorb large amounts of fluid and swelling in the stomach, which helps suppress appetite, avoid inappropriate hunger, prevent overeating, and thus reduce weight.
4. Get Omega 3 dosage
Chia seeds are one of the highest sources of plant-based omega acid (also known as α-linoleic acid). These are part of polyunsaturated fats. These fats are “good fats” and are extremely important for our body’s nerve function.
5. Rich in Minerals and Anti-oxidant
Chia seeds are rich in essential nutrients and are suitable for enhancing daily diet. They are full of antioxidants and are associated with anti-inflammatory, cancer cell growth, aging, and age-related cognitive decline.
Other Benefits of Chia Seeds for a Healthy Lifestyle
1. Controls Blood Sugar Levels
Chia seeds are good for your overall metabolic digestive health. Chia seed consumption with healthy blood sugar levels, HDL (good cholesterol), cholesterol as well as reduced levels of triglycerides (blood fat) and LDL (bad cholesterol).
2. Good for Diabetic Patients
It can be safely consumed by diabetics and can also help maintain heart and bone health. For all people who are allergic to gluten, some good news-Chia Seeds are gluten-free!
3. Packed with essential nutrients
Chia seeds also contain key minerals such as calcium and magnesium. They also contain all nine essential amino acids, which are the building blocks of the proteins that make up human muscles.
4. Maintain Good Skin Health and Aging
By regularly consuming Chia seeds, you are unlikely to suffer from atherosclerosis due to the ability of the seeds to reverse oxidative stress. Also, it has been proven that a large amount of omega-3s (good fats) in Chia seeds can reverse inflammation, lower blood pressure, and regulate cholesterol.
The Closing Thoughts
The demand for Chia seeds has soared, and this is for good reason. If prepared properly, they are easy to digest, rich in various nutrients, and can boost energy. There are many great health benefits of Chia seeds that are unnoticed by many of us. So, read the above guide and get to know about the incredible usage of Chia seeds.